Wednesday, November 4, 2015

The Need to Reprieve

They say justice is blind.
Well that must be why
that time after time
I don't act so kind.

I'd rather prosecute
or start a dispute
than end every feud
or refuse to be crude.

I lay awake at night
and relive every fight.
With all of my might
I remain very trite.

We take record of wrongs.
We write angry songs.
If we were more strong
we'd all get along.

Let go of the hate
before it's too late.
You can change your fate
or divide at high rates.

Who made us judge and jury?
Who filled our hearts with fury?
Will someone please cure me
and awaken the pure me?

We serve the God of love
who sends grace from above.
It descends like a dove
when push comes to shove.

Christ was gentle and meek
while turning his cheek.
Sin free and unique
is the savior I seek.

My old self is lost.
Anger is not my boss.
Heart not covered in frost,
all sins nailed to the cross.

No comments: